Increase your chances of success in Saudi Arabia: Analyze and understand cultural differences to overcome challenges in your projects.
Saudi Arabia, the largest economy in the Middle East, holds significant importance as a strategic and economic powerhouse. As a member of the G20 countries and the host of the 2020 summit, the nation plays a vital role in the region. With the world’s largest state investment fund exceeding $620 billion, Saudi Arabia has been actively investing in infrastructure modernization and diversifying its economy away from oil dependence. This ambitious endeavor is part of the visionary “Vision 2030” strategic plan.
A prominent project within this plan is the development of “Neom,” a research and future city situated on the Red Sea. Envisioned as a new Silicon Valley within the region, Neom aims to drive innovation and economic growth. Moreover, Saudi Arabia is charting its course to become a global leader in solar technology, with the goal of generating 50% of its electricity from solar sources by 2030, with minimal technological barriers.
Additionally, the country has set its sights on becoming a top global supplier of hydrogen. Under its National Hydrogen Strategy, Saudi Arabia plans to attract $36 billion of investment by 2030, positioning itself as a key player in the hydrogen market.
In pursuit of progress, Saudi Arabia is dedicated to increasing the participation of women in the labor force. The nation also aims to foster an environment conducive to international investment, undertaking substantial efforts to enhance its attractiveness as a business hub. With a population predominantly composed of young individuals (two-thirds of the population being under the age of 35), Saudi Arabia offers a promising landscape of opportunities. Industries such as real estate, green energy, internet of things, tourism, entertainment, and culture hold immense potential for growth and development.
With its strategic initiatives, dynamic population, and commitment to progress, Saudi Arabia presents itself as a land of abundant opportunities for the future. It is a nation that welcomes and embraces ventures in various sectors, offering a platform for individuals and businesses to thrive and contribute to its transformative journey. With numerous mega-projects and ambitious initiatives underway, there is a high demand for skilled international professionals from different cultural backgrounds. This presents opportunities to work on large-scale projects, collaborate with international experts, and working in a multicultural environment, which require cultural awareness and intercultural communication skills.
By investing in cultural awareness and developing cultural skills, participants gain insights into local customs, traditions, and business etiquette, which can enhance the ability to establish strong relationships and successfully navigate the Saudi Arabian business culture. Understanding the cultural nuances can be crucial in building trust and forging partnerships with different stakeholders, team members and different people working in such multicultural environments.
Increase your chances of success in Saudi Arabia and analyze the communication styles, negotiation tactics, and decision-making processes when working with business partners from Saudi Arabia. Build up your skills for a successful intercultural communication and interaction with customers, suppliers, colleagues, employees and partners.
What is the focus of an intercultural training Saudi Arabia?
In our training we focus on the cultural aspects for your success in Saudi Arabia. Based on our experience with more than 10,000 participants since 2006, the content will focus on the cultural aspects which can cause misunderstandings and frustrations while interacting in a culturally diverse context. The course will equip you with different skills for constructive problem solving in an intercultural environment and increase your cultural awareness and to build up a global mindset.
We design the content of the course based on the needs of our customers, their expectations and experiences in Saudi Arabia. Generally, we do not have a standard program. The following example shows the outline of a content from various workshops, trainings and offers we have already done for our existing customers:
Understand Saudi Arabia
- What makes the “Saudis” “Saudis”?
- Cultural values and norms of behavior
- Culturally different ways of thinking and approaching tasks
- What is “cultural” in an intercultural encounter
- Tools to understand cultural preferences and to navigate the cultural gap
Business etiquette in Saudi Arabia
- Names, titles, business cards, giving gifts
- Invitations and social integration
- What are the cultural taboos?
Differences in communication styles
- Managing misunderstandings
- Nonverbal communication and body language
- Punctuality and a sense of time
- Meetings with partners and multinational teams
- Presentations to business partners in Saudi Arabia
- Negotiation technique
- Managing Conflicts
- Strategies for a sustainable cooperation
- Different stories of success and failure of international companies in Saudi Arabia
Networking – Where and how to make the right contacts?
- Culture-specific understanding of good relationships
- Expectations of a good relationship
- The role and importance of trust
Your everyday life in Saudi Arabia
- How can you train yourself and avoid the culture shock?
- Is Saudi Arabia a country of diversity?
- Insider tips for a smooth transition and assignment for you and your family
These topics can be adapted in our intercultural training Saudi Arabia, depending on the needs and expectations of our clients. The focus of the course will be tailored to cover different topics and industries. For example the training can be tailored to address all cultural aspects in following areas:
- Project management
- Conflict management
- International assignments for expats moving to Saudi Arabia
- Team development
- Leadership training
- Training for trainers (train-the-trainers)
- Trade Fair Training
- Event Management and production
Our intercultural country training Saudi Arabia can also be designed as a country-specific analysis to increase your cultural sensitivity and knowledge. Various stakeholders can profit from it, including:
- International universities and stakeholders in education
- Stakeholders in interreligious dialogue and peace work
- International NGOs
A complete offer for different target groups
Our country training Saudi Arabia can be designed for different target groups. In addition to intercultural country expertise, the training content can include different topics, for example:
- Training for Saudi expatriates on an assignment in some European companies or for persons from Saudi Arabia working or studying abroad to help them to integrate in the new culture
- Team development of international and Saudi working groups
- Leadership training for mixed Saudi and international teams
- Sales training
- Soft skills training
Depending on the requirements and learning goals, the main content for target groups from Saudi Arabia can be designed in Arabic. We design our training courses in international English for multinational groups.
7 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us?
- Maximum flexibility: online, face-to-face or hybrid
- Individual coaching or group training
- Worldwide services
- Different international languages and international English as a main language
- Native country experts with several years of international business experience in the target country
- Competitive pricing, special conditions and free access to unique learning resources
- Single point of contact
Other services from our offer
Do you want to succeed in Saudi Arabia?
Our many years of experience and cultural know-how will help you to understand what it takes to succeed in Saudi Arabia.
Call us under +49 2243 916 28 28 or send us your request via Email