After the World Cup 2022 in Qatar!
Not only Mega-Events, but also outstanding business opportunities in future technologies. We support you with a unique offer to ensure your cultural success in Qatar!
After the successful organization of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, the country will surely remain in the collective memory of the world. The image of Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani dressing Lionel Messi in the transparent noble overcoat (Bischt) at the award ceremony remains the trademark of this unforgettable event. However, Qatar is not only a host of the World Cup or a source for spectacular news, but is also the land for enormous business potential.
Qatar is considered to be the wealthiest country in the world in terms of per capita purchasing power. The Qataris have learned a lot from the Qatar crisis from June 2017 to January 2021 and the 3.5-year blockade of neighboring countries. The most important thing is to achieve self-sufficiency in meat, fish and poultry products, as the country is largely dependent on food imports. The government wants to bring future know-how into the country: a decision that opens up many opportunities in various sectors, whether it’s in dairy products, agriculture or the meat industry.
Qatar is strategically important for many countries in Europe. The country is the world’s largest exporter of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and has the third proven largest gas reserves in the world. In addition to a high-consumption population and the most modern infrastructure, the country has the most solid finances in the world. Qatar is a very interesting market, especially for the construction industry, transport, petrochemical, green technology and digitalisation.
Increase your success in Qatar and learn the most important cultural factors of working and communicating in a culturally diverse environment. Develop your intercultural skills to manage challenges in interaction with customers, suppliers, colleagues, employees and business partners.
What is the focus of an intercultural training Qatar?
In our training we focus on the cultural aspects for your success in Qatar. Based on our experience with more than 10,000 participants since 2006, the content will focus on the cultural dimensions which can cause misunderstandings and frustrations while interacting in a culturally diverse context. The course will equip you with different skills for constructive problem solving in an intercultural environment and increase your cultural awareness and to build up a global mindset.
We design the content of the course based on the needs of our customers, their expectations and experiences in Qatar. Generally, we do not have a standard program. The following example shows the outline of a content from various workshops, trainings and offers we have already done for our existing customers:
- 11% are “locals”: what about the rest?
- What makes the “Qataris” “Qataris”?
- Cultural values and norms of behavior
- Culturally different ways of thinking and approaching tasks
- What is “cultural” in an intercultural encounter
- Tools to understand cultural preferences and to navigate the cultural gap
Qatar business etiquette
- Names, titles, business cards, giving gifts
- Invitations and social integration
- Are there any cultural taboos?
Differences in communication styles
- Managing misunderstandings
- Nonverbal communication
- Punctuality and a sense of time
- Meetings with Qatari partners and multinational teams
- Presentations to Qatari partners
- Negotiation technique
- Managing Conflicts
- Strategies for a sustainable cooperation
- Different stories of success and failure of international companies in Qatar
Networking – Where and how to make the right contacts?
- Culture-specific understanding of good relationships
- Expectations of a good relationship
- The role and importance of trust
Your everyday life in Qatar
- How can you train yourself and avoid the culture shock?
- Are the Qataris a minority in your own country?
- Ethnic and cultural diversity in Qatar
- Insider tips for your cultural integration
These topics can be adapted in our intercultural training Qatar, depending on the needs and expectations of our clients. The focus of the course will be tailored to cover different topics. For example:
- Project management
- Conflict management
- International assignments for expats moving to Qatar
- Team development
- Leadership training
- Training for trainers (train-the-trainers)
- Intercultural Trade Fair Training
Our intercultural country training Qatar can also be designed as a country-specific analysis to increase your cultural sensitivity and knowledge. Various stakeholders can profit from it, including:
- International universities and stakeholders in education
- Stakeholders in interreligious dialogue and peace work
- International NGOs
7 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us?
- Maximum flexibility: online, face-to-face or hybrid
- Individual or group training
- Worldwide services
- We work in different international languages and international English as a main language
- Native country experts with several years of international business experience in the target country
- Competitive pricing and special conditions
- Single point of contact
Other services from our offer
Do you want to succeed in Qatar?
Our many years of experience and cultural know-how will help you to understand what it takes to succeed in Qatar.
Call us under +49 2243 916 28 28 or send us your request via Email