Are you culturally ready for the World Cup 2022 in Qatar?
We support you with a unique offer to increase your cultural communication skills
From 21 November to 18 December 2022, the whole world will look towards Qatar to follow the world’s biggest men’s football championship, the World Cup. “Qatar welcomes you with open arms” is the slogan of the organizers from Qatar, a land of culture and heritage combined with innovation. Over two million passionate fans from all over the world will be expected to follow the great event, which opens up outstanding opportunities for international companies. Numerous infrastructure projects are currently being built to promote urban mobility. For example, the Qatar Mobility project with the participation of the Qatar Investment Authority and Volkswagen AG has been running since December 2019 to implement the world’s first emission-free, electric and autonomous public transport system during the World Cup.
The Qataris are very famous for organizing major sports events and hosting local, regional and international events in a variety of disciplines. For example, the Aspire Academy and the specialized orthopedic and sports medicine hospital Aspetar, have been known around the world for years. Many international clubs, such as Bayern Munich or Paris St. Germain, use the Aspire Zone as a training camp.
In terms of per capita purchasing power, Qatar is considered to be the wealthiest country in the world. Through the crisis from June 2017 to January 2021 and 3.5-year blockade, the Qataris have implemented a strategy to achieve self-sufficiency in food sector. The government wants to bring future know-how into the country: A strategy that opens up many opportunities in various business sectors in dairy products, vegetables or meat industry.
Increase your success in Qatar and learn the most important cultural factors of working and communicating in a culturally diverse environment. Develop your intercultural skills to manage challenges in interaction with customers, suppliers, colleagues, employees and business partners.
What is the focus of an intercultural training Qatar?
In our training we focus on the cultural aspects for your success in Qatar. Based on our experience with more than 10,000 participants since 2006, the content will focus on the cultural dimensions which can cause misunderstandings and frustrations while interacting in a culturally diverse context. The course will equip you with different skills for constructive problem solving in an intercultural environment and increase your cultural awareness and to build up a global mindset.
We design the content of the course based on the needs of our customers, their expectations and experiences in Qatar. Generally, we do not have a standard program. The following example shows the outline of a content from various workshops, trainings and offers we have already done for our existing customers:
- 11% are “locals”: what about the rest?
- What makes the “Qataris” “Qataris”?
- Cultural values and norms of behavior
- Culturally different ways of thinking and approaching tasks
- What is “cultural” in an intercultural encounter
- Tools to understand cultural preferences and to navigate the cultural gap
Qatar business etiquette
- Names, titles, business cards, giving gifts
- Invitations and social integration
- Are there any cultural taboos?
Differences in communication styles
- Managing misunderstandings
- Nonverbal communication
- Punctuality and a sense of time
- Meetings with Qatari partners and multinational teams
- Presentations to Qatari partners
- Negotiation technique
- Managing Conflicts
- Strategies for a sustainable cooperation
- Different stories of success and failure of international companies in Qatar
Networking – Where and how to make the right contacts?
- Culture-specific understanding of good relationships
- Expectations of a good relationship
- The role and importance of trust
Your everyday life in Qatar
- How can you train yourself and avoid the culture shock?
- Are the Qataris a minority in your own country?
- Ethnic and cultural diversity in Qatar
- Insider tips for your cultural integration
These topics can be adapted in our intercultural training Qatar, depending on the needs and expectations of our clients. The focus of the course will be tailored to cover different topics. For example:
- Project management
- Conflict management
- International assignments for expats moving to Qatar
- Team development
- Leadership training
- Training for trainers (train-the-trainers)
- Intercultural Trade Fair Training
Our intercultural country training Qatar can also be designed as a country-specific analysis to increase your cultural sensitivity and knowledge. Various stakeholders can profit from it, including:
- International universities and stakeholders in education
- Stakeholders in interreligious dialogue and peace work
- International NGOs
7 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us?
- Maximum flexibility: online, face-to-face or hybrid
- Individual or group training
- Worldwide services
- We work in different international languages and international English as a main language
- Native country experts with several years of international business experience in the target country
- Competitive pricing and special conditions
- Single point of contact
Other services from our offer
Do you want to succeed in Qatar?
Our many years of experience and cultural know-how will help you to understand what it takes to succeed in Qatar.
Call us under +49 2243 916 28 28 or send us your request via Email