Increase your chances of success in the UAE: profound cultural knowledge and practical takeaways that will help you progress.
The UAE’s central location in the Middle East makes it a gateway to various international destinations. Over the last three decades, cities as Dubai and Abu-Dhabi belong to the worldwide hubs for international business and global mobility. The UAE has a thriving economy with a diverse range of industries, such as finance, technology, tourism, healthcare, and construction. The country attracts international businesses and entrepreneurs, offering abundant employment opportunities and a favorable business environment. The country maintains a high level of safety and security, making it an ideal place to live. The crime rates are relatively among the lowest in the world, and strict laws are in place to ensure public safety. This provides a sense of peace and stability for residents and expatriates. The UAE is home to a diverse population consisting of people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The country promotes a culture of tolerance and inclusivity, welcoming individuals from various walks of life, and is considered to be the only country in the world with a “Ministry of Tolerance and Coexistence”.
The UAE has invested heavily in developing state-of-the-art infrastructure, including modern cities, advanced transportation systems, world-class healthcare facilities, and educational institutions. The availability of excellent amenities enhances the quality of life for residents. The UAE is the country with the most spectacular projects: the Mars Science City, a groundbreaking project that simulates the conditions of living on Mars, the Dubai Harbour, an ambitious waterfront development located between Palm Jumeirah and Bluewaters Island, featuring a cruise ship terminal, a shopping mall, residential buildings, hotels, and the iconic Dubai Lighthouse, and not to forget the Expo 2020 Dubai, which showcased the UAE’s commitment to innovation and global collaboration. This event brought together countries from around the world to present exhibitions, innovations, and cultural performances, leaving behind a legacy of cutting-edge infrastructure and advancements. Living and Working in the United Arab Emirates mean living in a real multicultural environment with all its chances and challenges!
Increase your chances of success in UAE and build up your skills for cooperation in the context of ethnic and cultural diversity. Develop your intercultural skills to master challenges with customers, colleagues, suppliers, colleagues, employees and partners.
What is included in an intercultural training for the UAE?
In our training, we offer the right content tailored on your needs and experiences for your success in the UAE. With our expertise and experience gained from over 10,000 participants since 2006, you will learn reasons of misunderstandings in intercultural environments and develop different skills for constructive problem-solving in an intercultural context.
We usually don’t have a standard program; instead, we tailor the content based on our clients’ needs, expectations, and experiences in the United Arab Emirates or in other countries. Prior to working with our prospective clients, we showcase examples of content from various workshops, trainings, and offerings that we have conducted for our existing clients. These topics include:
Understanding the UAE:
- Comparing cultural values
- Value differences in cultural comparison
- Analyzing own and other cultural perspectives
- When cultures collide: What is “cultural” in an intercultural encounter: differentiations between cultural generalizations and stereotypes!
- What does it mean to work in a culturally diverse environment?
Business etiquette in the UAE
- Names, titles, business cards, gifts
- Attire and protocols: Should a female visitor wear an abaya or hijab in a business meeting?
- Invitations and social integration
- Culturally appropriate behavior: What are the absolute taboos?
- Dealing with misunderstandings
- Nonverbal behaviors
- Punctuality and sense of time
- Managing conflicts
Presentation and Negotiation
- Presentations in front of local partners
- Negotiation techniques in the UAE
- Strategies for successful meetings
- Success and failure stories of international companies in the UAE
Networking an Business Culture
- What is the secret to success in the UAE?
- Where and how to build the right connections?
- Culturally specific understanding of good relationships
- Expectations for a good relationship
- Role and importance of trust
Your daily life in the UAE
- How to train yourself and avoid culture shock?
- Diversity and ethnic variety in the UAE
- Dealing with bureaucracy
- Insider tips and experiences for quick adaptation and integration
- Differences in lifestyles among the seven emirates
Dubai, Sharjah, or Abu Dhabi: Arguments for choosing a place of residence.
These topics can be integrated and customized, depending on the specific needs of our clients. However, what takes precedence are your experiences, current situation, and expectations. The country-specific expertise on the UAE is relevant for various areas, including:
- Personal development
- Project management
- Conflict management
- Negotiation skills
- Preparing executives for international assignments
- Team development
- Train-the-trainer: programs for training managers
- Public relations
- Preparation for trade fair
The training content will align with your requirements and objectives, focusing on practical applications and addressing the challenges you may encounter in your specific field. Our goal is to provide you with the necessary tools and knowledge to master cultural challenges successfully in the UAE.
The country-specific training for the UAE can be designed and conducted for various target groups and cover a wide range of topics. In addition to providing intercultural expertise specific to the country, the content focus can be tailored to different subjects for different target groups. The following topics, for example, can be offered:
- Training for Emirati delegations or Emirati expatriates pursuing education or training in Germany (or other countries)
- Team development for international working groups
- International leadership training for mixed teams
- Sales training
- General soft skills training
Depending on the requirements and learning objectives, the core content can be delivered in Arabic language for target groups from the UAE. For multinational groups, we design and conduct our training in international English.
Not only soft, but also hard facts
Our intercultural services for the UAE is designed not only to develop your cultural skills, but also cover more harder issues!. In this regard, we collaborate with strategic partners, legal experts, target market analysts, and management consultants specializing in the United Arab Emirates. This includes:
- Support for market exploration, such as assessing potential business partners in the UAE and providing general information to analyze opportunities and currency risks.
- Clarification of compliance issues.
- General market information.
- Analyzing contracts by specialized law experts.
7 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us?
- Maximum flexibility: online, face-to-face or hybrid
- Individual coaching or group training
- Worldwide services
- Different international languages and international English as a main language
- Native country experts with several years of international business experience in the target country
- Competitive pricing, special conditions and free access to unique learning resources
- Single point of contact
Other services from our offer
Do you want to succeed in the United Arab Emirates?
Our many years of experience and cultural know-how will help you to understand what it takes to succeed in the UAE.
Call us under +49 2243 916 28 28 or send us your request via Email