You can’t not negotiate!
Learn the culture-specific approach for successful negotiation with Business Partners from the Middle East.
- A 1-day course to teach you the principles of successful negotiation with business partners from the Middle East.
- The focus is on specific negotiation techniques when negotiating with Arab business partners.
- This course is a perfect introduction for intercultural communication and understanding cultural approaches in communication and negotiation in the Middle east.
- This course can be booked at any time in your company. Worldwide as a classroom course or as live online training.
- Also possible as blended learning: combination of face-to-face training, modular e-learning content, webinars and virtual coaching.
- Flexible timing, individually tailored , and practical.
Efficient negotiation is one of the most complex communication situations because it requires a broad repertoire of communication skills from those involved. One of the common generalizations about people in the Middle East is that they have more experience with these communication situations than many people in Western cultures. Negotiating with business partners from the Middle East and North Africa is not an easy task and can be looked as a very time-consuming situation for many international business people .
If you want to assert yourself in a negotiation with partners in the Middle East, you have to be able to lead the conversation without being hostile, listen carefully and communicate in a circular manner. Directly formulated arguments might not lead to the intended goal and can limit your options. Circular way of communication, interruptions and dealing with what is known as high-context communication style are skills that international business people need to learn. These skills can be learned and mastered.
In this course you will reflect on common stereotypes about the Arab negotiation style, as modern managers at Aramco, DP, Orascom and Co. do not haggle like in a bazaar, but use local and culture-specific approaches, in addition to the Harvard concept and other well-known negotiation approaches internationally. Learn how to avoid pitfalls and mistakes when negotiating with business partners from the Middle East and North Africa and in order to achieve common goals.
What can you learn from this course?
- Understand that negotiation with business partners from the Middle East is considered as a communication process to eliminate conflicts of interest and bridge differences.
- Reflect upon your negotiation skills in intercultural encounters and analyze your strengths and challenges.
- Learn culture-specific behavioral patterns and communication styles.
- Understand and practice common negotiation approaches in the Middle East in comparison to other known International negotiation approaches.
- Increase your self-confidence and avoid cultural taboos in negotiation situations.
Who should attend this training?
- People who negotiate and work in Arab countries.
- Foreign employees who conduct negotiations with Arab customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Project managers who conduct negotiations with local dealers, negotiators and suppliers.
- International companies and authorities that conduct negotiations with partner organizations or institutions from the Middle east and North Africa.
Beyond negotiation, we highly recommend our intensive 2-days training Communicate and work with Arabic partners to increase your cultural awareness and to develop skills for success in different encounters: interviewing, conflict management, leadership, business culture, and cultural synergy.
How do we do that?
Combination of lectures, practical examples, interactive simulation, case studies, question and answer sessions, discussions and group exercises.
Length of time
- 1 day (8 units)
7 Reasons Why You Should Work With Us?
- Maximum flexibility: online, face-to-face or hybrid
- Individual coaching or group training
- Worldwide services
- Different international languages and international English as a main language
- Native country experts with several years of international business experience in the target country
- Competitive pricing, special conditions and free access to unique learning resources
- Single point of contact
Other Courses from our Offer
Our many years of experience and cultural know-how will help you to understand what it takes to negotiate successfully in the Middle East.
Call us under +49 2243 916 28 28 or send us your request via Email