Cross-Cultural training Doing Business in the Middle East and North Africa
- The Focus is on social etiquette, attitudes towards time and hierarchy, communication styles, negotiating practices, trust building, leadership, motivation and teambuilding in the Arab region.
- This course will increase your cultural awareness and broaden your perspective for concrete work situations with Arab business partners, customers and employees.
- Visit this training to increase your understanding of contextual background and key values influencing decision making in business culture in the Arab Region
This open training is designed as a 2-days course about doing business in the Middle East and North Africa in general. We offer country specific courses also if you are interested in doing business in one country in the region only. We offer our open cpurses regulary in Germany. For our clients worldwide we provide short 2-hour briefings, 4-hour, 8-hour, 12-hour and 16-hour training courses, as well as one-on-one coachings on the whole region of the Middle East and North Africa as well as country specific training courses.
A possible scenario: As a software developer you are involved in an international project with colleagues in Egypt, Tunisia and Jordan. As a leader of the virtual project team you are responsible to answer questions the team members asking through a project management tool. Without answering these questions the process flow will stop. you made the experience that somre Middle Eastern colleagues from your virtual project team do not accept the answer you deliver and they come back with additional questions. It is difficult to close a point, while answering one question often leads to further detailed questions you think trhey are not relevant to understand the big picture.
This is a typical case study our participants bring with. In our 2-days training we focus on concrete business situations to understand the core values and cultural patterns behind them. Understanding the characteristics of communication styles in the Middle East and North Africa will broaden your perspective and will help you to use a culturally sensitive strategy.
This course typically includes following content. We deliver concrete and practical input through an action-oriented approach to them:
- What you should know about the Arab world!
- How the Arab people perceive themselves and how they are perceived in the Western world
- Overview of intercultural differences: cultural patterns and values.
- Orientation to Religion: Islamic Values and their role in business life.
- The role of women in Arab society: between tradition and religion.
- Social etiquettes: greeting, business dinner, gifts, business cards, invitations.
- Dos and don’ts for Western female business woman in the Arab world
- Relationship of trust building
- Corporate culture in the Arab business culture
- Management and motivation of Arab co-workers and team members
- How to handle disagreements, misunderstandings and in conflict situations.
- Tips for meetings and negotiations with Arab partners.
We will send a pre-seminar questionnaire to analyse your needs and to make a customized intercultural training program. More than 10.000 participants from different industries and nations have attendes our intercultural training programs and we have developed case studies from the practice of almost all business situations.
Who should attend?
- Sales people who sell to, buy from, or negotiate with Arab business partners.
- Business people who communicate with Arab customers, suppliers, partners in person and via phone, telcos, email.
- International managers and exekutives who manage teams/employees on site or remote
- International managers and exekutives who work in mixed teams in one of the Arab countries
- Participate at exhibitions/trade fairs in one ofe the Arab countries.
- Western business people who want to build strong long-term relationships with thier Arab Counterparts.
- Administrative employees who work with migrants from the Arab region
How we do it?
Action-oriented approach of experiential learning including theoritical expert input, case studies, discussions, role play, self-assessment and short videos.
In which langauges?
- Arabic (for non-native Arabic speakers who want to improve their Arab language skills)
- Each participant becomes additional 6 months personal consultation by email or telephone after the course
- Special prices for in-house trainings
- Money back guarantee
- Based on scientific findings + practical relevance through our experience with more than 10,000 participants since 2004
- 30% special price up 3 participants from the same company or per family
- Direct contact with us during and after the course
- Customized trainings and ready-to-use techniques and tools
- Course materials on USB stick for each participant
- Personalized Certificate of Attendance
Seminar Schedule: 2018/2019
- Cologne (Germany), Monday, 17.09.2018 and Tuesday, 18.09.2018. Book now directly.
- Munich (Germany), Monday, 17.12.2018 and Tuesday, 18.12.2018. Book now directly.
- Hamburg (Germany), Monday, 18.03.2019 and Tuesday, 19.03.2019. Book now directly.
- Stuttgart (Germany), Monday, 21.10.2019 and Tuesday, 22.10.2019. Book now directly.
You can book this course in your country any time. Please send us a request at email@example.com.